HMRC – Benefits and Expenses

Benefits and Expenses: Company cars Reporting Company Cars You need to send a P46 (Car) form to HMRC if you: • provide company cars to your employees • stop providing a company car • provide someone with an additional car. To send the form you can: • fill it in online and send a printed copy to the address on the form • use HMRC’s PAYE Online service for employers • use your payroll software.


You also need to report on your end-of-year forms and pay Class 1A National Insurance on the value of the car benefit. Replacing a company car – If your employee changes their company car, you can no longer report the change by a paper P46 (car). You can still report the change online or your employee can contact HMRC to tell us of this change by logging onto their Personal Tax Account or by calling the taxes helpline. You will still report this change with your end-of-year forms


Subscribe here

to receive email updates for any new posts

Join 151 other subscribers.


Refund Policy

For online payments taken via the Invoice Payment page, no refunds can be given as payment is only taken after my service has been provided.


%d bloggers like this: