Declaring coronavirus grants on company tax returns (source HMRC)

Coronavirus grants to support businesses during the pandemic are taxable.

If your client needs to complete a company tax return (CT600) and has claimed grants from the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS), Eat Out to Help Out (EOTHO), or any payments made by local authorities and devolved administrations, they’ll need to report this as income when they calculate their taxable profits.

If you are completing a company tax return on your client’s behalf, you will need to check the coronavirus grants they received.

Additionally, if your client received a CJRS grant, they will also need:

·         to declare the amount they received (box 471)

·         the grant they were entitled to (box 472) 

·         and any CJRS overpayment already assessed or voluntarily disclosed (box 473) during the accounting period covered by their CT600 return

They will need to complete box 474 if they received any EOTHO overpayments.

They must also include the grants as income when they calculate their taxable profits.   

Subscribe here

to receive email updates
for any new posts

Join 222 other subscribers.

Refund Policy

For online payments taken via the Invoice Payment page, no refunds can be given as payment is only taken after my service has been provided.


%d bloggers like this: