HMRC – EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS)

More than two thirds of EU citizens in the UK are currently here for work.

If they want to continue living and working in the UK after it leaves the EU, these citizens, and their family members, can apply now to the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS). IF YOU’RE AN EU CITIZEN LIVING IN THE UK APPLY TO THE EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME ONLINE

Their EU, EEA, or Swiss employees, and their family members, can apply to the EUSS if they want to continue to live, work, and study in the UK after 31 December 2020. This applies whether we leave with a deal or with no deal. Under the scheme, successful applications will be granted either settled or pre-settled status. Which status applicants get depends on how long they have been living in the UK when they apply. With both pre-settled and settled status, they can continue to work in the UK, use public services like the NHS, and access public funds such as pensions.

All EU, EEA, and Swiss citizens, and their family members, can apply to the EUSS now. The Scheme is now open for applications (Irish citizens do not need to apply) • Share the Employer Toolkit with them. The toolkit includes useful items such as posters, videos, and explainers on how to apply. It will help employers share information about the scheme with their employees

Lots of employers want to offer reassurance to their employees and make sure they have the right information. Finally, employers have a duty not to discriminate against EU citizens in light of the UK’s decision to leave the EU, both as a prospective and current employer. There are no changes to current right to work checks.

Source of reference – HMRC

Subscribe here

to receive email updates
for any new posts

Join 205 other subscribers.

Refund Policy

For online payments taken via the Invoice Payment page, no refunds can be given as payment is only taken after my service has been provided.


%d bloggers like this: