There is now less than one month to go until the end of the transition period. It is vital that you act now to avoid disruptions to business operations and to help you make the most of the opportunities that 2021 will bring.
Over the last 7 weeks, I have written to you about some of the guaranteed changes that will affect businesses across the UK as we begin our new relationship with the EU. Regardless of your business size or sector, you will need to comply with these new rules from 1 January.
To find out what you need to do, I urge you to:
- Visit gov.uk/transition and use the personalised checker tool to find out what these actions are.
- Sign up to receive business readiness bulletins that will keep you up to date on any key information relating to your business.
- Make sure you check the latest Northern Ireland Protocol guidance, if you move goods into, out of, or through Northern Ireland.
There will be changes to:
- the way you import and export goods;
- the process for hiring people from the EU;
- the way you provide services in EU markets.
Time is running out and the 1 January deadline is fast approaching. You need to act now.
I would like to thank you for all of your support and patience during these challenging times. Your business will play an essential role in ensuring a smooth end to these final few weeks of the transition period and the Government will continue to support businesses across the UK in every way we can.
Rt Hon Alok Sharma MP
Secretary of State for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy